Order is the thing that makes the difference between living presently yet painfully in the past and living progressively and peacefully in the future.
Many people are stuck and procrastinate because of lack of order and as a result many dreams are deferred; goals go underachieved; there’s constant stress; and the overall quality of life diminishes.
Also, lack of order causes current obligations to become past due which then causes them to back up and stack up against us. The result is we become overwhelmed and further we procrastinate.
Lack of order may be caused by lack of regimentation, lack of discipline, or a life changing event such as: birth of a child; death of a loved one; marriage; divorce; gain or loss of a job, etc.
Order is a system that organizes and places everything in its proper place and enables everything to function properly. What it’s not is shuffling “stuff” around from one place to another.
Instead, order is a comprehensive system and strategy that includes every area of life which includes: Spiritual Desires; Desires for Family and Friends; House and Home Desires; Financial Desires; Personal Care Desires; Work/School Desires; and Future Pursuits.
The strategy that must be diligently implemented.
There are three beginning steps we can take to gain, regain, and maintain Order:
Step 1: Dig Out From The Past
- Remember: because of lack of order, things have stacked up and backed up against us.
- As a result, we will not be able to forward because those things don’t away unless we take care of it.
- Jot down a list of all of your past due obligations.
Step 2: Take Inventory of Current Obligations
- Current obligations are either recurring things we do or are due or they are things that must be done just once. those things might be immediate.
- Jot down a list of current obligations in each area of life. See the list of the areas of life above.
Step 3: Determine Future Desires
- Jot down a list of the things you desire to accomplish in the future.
If you want to learn more, please feel free to watch a webinar entitled Get Un-stuck by Gaining Order. It was conducted on 11/28/12. Here’s the link: http://clarenceparks.com/slackbuster-seminars-webinars/
Also, Clarence Parks will be conducting a live seminar entitled:
Get Un-stuck, Get Going, Get Where You Want to Go in 2013
on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 12 Noon at John 3:16 Christian
Bookstore in Lanham, Md. Here’s the link: http://clarenceparks.com/get-un-stuck-get-going-get-where-you-want-to-go-in-2013/